A round peg in a round hole (Subject to Change!!)

At first, I did not think it necessary to add the "subject-to-change" clause at the end of the title, but now I know better! The process of first getting the correct functionality to actually convince the developers of QuTiP of the 'mergabilty'/readiness of the code is painstaking.

Long before I managed to convince my mentors of the readiness of the code, I was able to get the codes to work and

Writing codes for a popular simulation tool is much more demanding than writing codes for your research. My codes have already undergone a complete overhaul, almost everyday change, so as to make the code compatible with the spirit and soul of QuTiP.

The science problem is only a fraction of the challenge. Finding the most convenient data structure and optimization philosophy is the . The code capability is crucially dependent on data structures and memory usage.

I have had to spend a massive amount of time restructuring the code and developing documentation. Please check-out the github links for the notebooks that demonstrate the usage.
https://github.com/sbisw002/qutip-notebooks/blob/nb_branch/examples/Introduction%20to%201d%20Lattice%20models.ipynb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I cannot code-up, I do not understand

The storm before the calm?

Come for the bandstructure, stay for the topology